Sunday, January 29, 2012

Peace and Non-Violence

America has celebrated Martin Luther King Day since 1983 on the third Monday in January. Doctor Martin Luther King, Jr. was an important person in the American Civil Rights movement, who believed in non-violence. He campaigned against segregation and inequality and received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964. In 1963 he gave his most famous speech, which contains the well-known phrase I have a dream.

Here you can enjoy most of this important speech. Then, think about the way in which you can contribute to improve the world and post a comment beginning like this: 
"I have a dream that . . . "





Do you need some kind of inspiration? Then you can listen to Someday, a song from Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Watch the video and listen to it. It has a beautiful message.



Now you can read the lyrics here. Think about them . . . and of course, think about the things you can do to improve the world!

11 comments:

  1. I have a dream that one day all the children have something to eat anywhere in the world and everyone respect the rights of the people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dream all people al iqual in all part of the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a dream that one day everybody in the world have peace, that the people haven't more problems and conflicts.
    I hope that everybody have the principal medicine and principal food for live.
    I hope than my dream can true...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a dream that one day haven´t more wars in world, that everyone were respected, because all the people are equal.
    I have a dream that in the future haven´t more racism.I have a dream that all the people have a house to live there.
    I have a dream...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a dream,there are good relations between all people, not racism.Everyone can have food, education and a place to live.
    That all people with respect and that equality.
    This is my dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a dream that there is no difference between races, accepting the other customs.
    Everybody has a chance to get an education, a job, not so many diseases, and have all the world to eat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a dream, Martin Luther King wants to show that we can all be equal, that the white people at the same to the colour people.
    Among all the people job could make a better world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a dream is that one day the all word will be happy and is peace for all word.
    It is my dream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a dream,one world without wars. I have a dream that all the people are equal, doesn´t matter the race. This is my dream.

    By: Claudia .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a dream, was a phrase spoken by Martin Luther King in a speech against the inequality of black people of color. Because everyone is equal, although the color is different.
    If we all want, we can change the world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Martin Lhuther King, this American pastor fought for the rights of black men in usa and got it but was assassinated in Memphis as he prepared to lead a demonstration. his most famous phrase was `` I have a dream''.

    The only trying to make a better world for all people


    Javier Pacheco Montero 4D

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment here, please.